I wrote this in my journal over a year ago, but it’s evergreen and relevant today. It’s a letter from your future self.
Dear Present Me,
This is you in 10 years and I’m here to offer you some advice. After all, I’m now stronger, healthier, happier, wiser, wealthier, more attractive and more fulfilled. So here are the things you need to start doing to become me. Which means the ultimate successful you.
WHAT YOU SHOULD START DOING
1. Take care of your skin because outward appearance matters too.
2. Dress the way you want to be addressed. Dress casually (in customised tees) and good shoes. Dress in suits to public events to boost your personal brand and public presence.
3. Take your prayer life seriously because it is the blessing of the Lord that makes one rich and adds no sorrow to it. That’s the blessing currently in my life.
4. Study and meditate on your Bible more often. Day and night. It will give you wisdom, clarity on the paths you are currently on.
5. Take your money making ventures more seriously. Money is not the purpose of man but it facilitates man’s purpose.
6. Cultivate healthy relationship with people with positive vibes. This is one of the reasons I’m still happy today.
7. Keep setting those goals and make sure you achieve them. Let these goals cover all sectors of your life. It paid off in mine.
8. Those books you’re reading. Keep reading them. Study them with the intent of applying the four tenets of learning. Read to Know. Read to Do. Read to Be. Read to live together. This applies for any other thing you’re learning too.
9. Please, I need you to be consistent. Keep showing up. It will be hard in the beginning for you, but it turns to an effortless habit for me.
10. Don’t be over anxious too at times. Worry won’t get you to where I am now. Smile. Laugh. Then Do. The Doing part removes the anxiety and worry.
11. Focus on a single craft before moving to the next. Master its art, science and business before jumping to your next interest. Don’t forget this. This is how I became so successful. Don’t forget to spread like a Palm tree. Very important.
WHAT YOU SHOULD STOP DOING
12. Stop being lazy. You’re talented and creative. But this will only show if you put hardwork and consistency in whatever you do and whoever you meet.
13. Remove shame and ideology of “what people will say.” Once broken, you will gradually become like me.
14. Stop going small in your dreams and goals. Go big. Shamelessly with your knowledge, airtime, money and everything you got.
15. Stop waiting for the right moment. I know you. You do this a lot.
16. Stop watching porn, dear. You’re me. Stopping this will improve your sexual life and cleanse your thoughts. Keep your sexual energy for your partner.
17. Stop being distracted. Social media. Movies. Anime. Other people’s work in charity form. Do what is important first, before doing the next.
18. Stop being nonchalant about your health, spirituality, and body appearance. Though it may matter a little compared to what you’re feeding your mind. But it matters nonetheless.
19. Stop seeking perfection all the time. Always find a balance between Creativity and perfection.
I hope you take my advice. I wish you all the best as you grow and thrive to become your highest.
Your future self.
What else is your future self telling you to do? Please tell me in the comments below.